Registered apprenticeship is an industry-driven talent development strategy that combines on-the-job experience with formal classroom learning. Registered apprenticeships are collaboratively developed and delivered through partnerships between employers, training and education providers, and the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), who approve and register apprenticeship programs
There are many benefits for employers who implement registered apprenticeship programs. Through registered apprenticeship, you will:
- Develop a highly-skilled workforce
- Diversify your workforce
- Improve productivity, profitability, and your bottom line
- Reduce turnover and foster loyalty among employees
- Receive tax credits and employee tuition benefits in participating states
- Create customized, flexible training solutions to meet your needs
- Build a sustainable, long-term talent pipeline for your workforce
- Hold your employees (apprentices) accountable to a high standard of work
- Be a part of a growing national movement towards smart and effective talent development and retention strategy!
When you establish a registered apprenticeship program, you develop a world-class workforce and enhance your company’s bottom line.
Employers! Please help us identify apprenticeship-related workforce needs. . .
In an effort to ensure our current work best benefits your business, the Workforce Intelligence Network (WIN) and the Michigan Occupational Deans Administrative Council (MODAC) request your help to define current and future workforce needs related to apprenticeship and in-demand skills training. An opportunity to indicate interest in grant proposal partnership is presented at the end of the survey. This survey should take approximately 3 minutes to complete. Click here to access the survey. Thank you for your input.
Still have questions?
We have answers!
Call the Apprenticeship Hotline at (734) 229-3559 or fill out our contact form.
Want Additional Resources?
Starting an apprenticeship can feel overwhelming. We’ve got resources to help you and your partners navigate through this process.
Sign up for updates
Be the first to know when our about new developments and opportunities related to registered apprenticeship, and stay up-to-date on the latest in apprenticeship news.