Determining which direction to take your career is a major decision. Pursuing a registered apprenticeship program can be a greatly beneficial option for recent graduates or those transitioning from various life stages or careers.
Apprenticeship in action
We spoke to some real-life apprentices and journeypersons at Prosper-Tech Machine & Tool in Richmond, Michigan. Take a look below!
Why become an apprentice in a registered apprenticeship program?
Registered apprenticeships can be the ideal next step for you if you are a recent high school, college, or university graduates, or considering a transition to a new phase of your life with a new career. As an apprentice in a registered apprenticeship program, you will:
- Have a full-time job with an increasing wage during the apprenticeship
- Develop new skills in an in-demand field
- Receive the investment and commitment of your employers to ensure your personal and professional growth
- Be supported by a mentor, an expert in your field
- Begin a long-term career with little or no college debt
- Earn a nationally-recognized apprenticeship certificate from the Department of Labor