- This event has passed.
Oakland County Michigan Works! Veterans + Apprenticeships
November 16, 2021 @ 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Those who served our country want to build civilian careers and apprenticeship programs provide the ideal setting to showcase their various skills and obtain others.
Employers looking for a competitive edge, an advantage over their competition that will pay dividends today and well into the future, should consider launching a registered apprenticeship program. Veterans who served our country are ideal candidates for apprentice positions, given their work ethic, loyalty and skills sets. What they may not know they are eager to learn.
Celebrate National Apprenticeship Week with Oakland County Michigan Works! and its partners, as they make a case for hiring veterans to complete registered apprenticeships in a variety of industries. Also learn about funding provided by Oakland County Michigan Works! to help offset the costs of launching an apprenticeship program.
• Overview of registered apprenticeships – requirements and structure
• How companies can build apprenticeship programs that enable
veterans to use their earned benefits
• Hiring veterans – employer and apprentice testimonials,
• Summary of apprenticeship-focused grants available to employers
• Other county resources available to employers and veterans