What is registered apprenticeship?
How can registered apprenticeship help employers?
Through registered apprenticeship, your company will:
- Develop a highly-skilled workforce.
- Reduce turnover and foster loyalty among employees.
- Create customized, flexible training solutions to meet your needs.
- Build a sustainable, long-term talent pipeline for your workforce.
- Be considered for funding opportunities tied to apprenticeship.
- When employers establish a registered apprenticeship program, they develop a world-class workforce, enhance their bottom line, and build for the future.
What industries offer registered apprenticeship?
Though apprenticeship is traditionally associated with skilled trades and manufacturing, registered apprenticeship programs are, or can be, established in nearly any industry! Emerging apprenticeship industries, like healthcare, IT, and energy are helping to broaden how employers and workers in the U.S. understand apprentices.
There are currently over 1,400 occupations recognized as “apprenticeable” by the DOL — see the full list here.